Application for The ISPRS Foundation (TIF) Travel Grant Scheme
NOTA BENE: Applications not RECEIVED by the given deadline will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Payments shall be made in US$ cash at the event to the successful applicants only, by an ISPRS representative who shall be nominated at the time of
notification of the successful grant. The event organisers will determine whether free event registration will be available to successful applicants.
This information will be provided at the time of notification of successful grants.
- Ensure you complete the application form fully: your application cannot be processed without it.
- Be realistic but reasonable in your estimation of the costs involved – it should be relatively easy to obtain good
estimates of low cost travel, accommodation etc. from the internet, including the event web page.
- Secure financial support from other sources: TIF has limited resources and receives more requests that it can support.
If you have made a genuine effort to source supporting funds (or are even partially financing the trip yourself) this will be well received.
- In general, due to limited resources, it may not be possible to support any individual applicant more than once: you will
therefore need a compelling case if you have been the recipient of a previous grant and are looking for repeat support.
- Are you a member of ISPRS, either as an Individual or Sustaining Member, or as a member of your national organisation (Ordinary Member)?
Consider joining before applying for a TIF grant if you are not already a member in one of these categories. Membership is not a
requirement of application, but in the event of two or more equal applications, priority will be given to those that are members.
- Provide supporting evidence: applications received without this are much weaker than those that do. In particular:
- Include a brief statement of why attending the requested event will help further your career.
Why are you more deserving of an award than anyone else who will be applying?
- Ensure you provide evidence of your contribution to the event (as presenter etc.). If presenting
as part of a multi-author oral or poster presentation, ensure that your role in preparing the paper is
fully explained (e.g., I am first author and will be presenting the oral presentation’).
Include a copy of your paper if it is complete.
- Provide a letter of support from your supervisor or line manager which fully explains the need for the
funds requested, e.g., why your host organisation is not able to fully support you, why the event would
benefit your personal and professional development, and giving reference details of your qualifications
and progress towards the degree you are studying for (if appropriate).
- Include additional supporting evidence over and above that requested only if it is relevant to your application.
- Remember to submit your application by the stated deadline: applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Currently applications for TIF Travel Grants are not possible!