This Notice explains when and why we collect personal information about our visitors, how we use it and how we keep it safe, and in this way secure your rights and choices in relation to your personal information.
We may change this Notice from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
Any questions regarding this Notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Who are we?
The ISPRS Foundation (TIF)
Dr. Senthil Kumar
Former Director, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing
104, Sri Ruby Gardens
Erode, TN 638012
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you apply for TIF Travel Grants.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, e-mail address, web site, affiliation and some necessary documents.
How is your information used?
We may process your personal information in the following ways:
- During the application process for TIF Travel Grants your data will only be available to the TIF Grants Evaluation Committee and the webmaster of this website.
- Later on in the Travel Grants process, successful candidates may be listed by their names.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, rent or make available in any other way your information to third parties.
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time for which we retain your personal information is determined by operational and legal considerations.
How you can access and update your information
By sending your application for TIF Travel Grants you will receive a confirmation email with all your uploaded data. You will not be able to update these data during the peer review process.
You always have the possibility to ask for deletion of your data by canceling your application. Therefore you should inform us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the provisions under Chapter III, Section I, of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU), you may exercise the rights therein indicated and, in particular:
- Right of Access – Obtain confirmation whether your data are processed and, in such a case, obtain information related, in particular, to the purposes of such processing, the categories of the processed personal data, the storage period, and the recipients to whom such data can be transferred (Section 15, GDPR);
- Right of Rectification – Obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data and have incomplete personal data completed (Section 16, GDPR);
- Right of Erasure – Obtain, without undue delay, the erasure of your personal data, in the cases provided for by the GPDR (Section 17, GDPR);
- Right to Restriction – Obtain from the Controller the limitation to processing, in the cases provided for by the GDPR (Section 18, GDPR);
- Right to Data Portability – Receive your personal data as communicated to the Controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and obtain the transmission of such data to another controller without any hindrance, in the cases provided for by the GDPR (Section 20, GDPR);
- Right to object – Object to the processing of your personal data, unless the Controller has compelling legitimate grounds for the continuation of the processing (Section 21, GDPR);
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Supervisory Authority
TIF Travel Grants applicants may exercise such rights by means of a request sent by email to FoundationChair@isprs.org. Please note that TIF needs a minimum of information to pursue its goals. Therefore, exercising some of these rights, such as the right of erasure, may result in a cancellation of your application.
Transferring your information outside Europe
As members of the TIF Grants Evaluation Committee may reside worldwide, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EU. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Notice.
Review of this Notice
We keep this Notice under regular review. This Notice was last updated on 13th June, 2019.