Charitable Mission & Goals
The Mission of The ISPRS Foundation (TIF) is to improve the ability of ISPRS to satisfy its aims and objectives by administering a
broadly-based international program of charitable fund raising for providing grants to qualified individuals and organizations that
are pursuing and/or applying knowledge for advancing the sciences and technologies associated with the disciplines embodied by ISPRS,
especially for those from emerging markets and regions. The Foundation will raise, invest and grant funds on an unrestricted and
restricted basis for this purpose. It will contribute significantly to the efforts of ISPRS in international cooperation and technology transfer.
To achieve its Mission the goals of TIF are defined in 12 specific Categories for Grants and Donations as follows:
- Awards - to honor by providing international recognition for significant achievements in ′the photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information′
(P&RS&SI) sciences by an individual or group.
- Awareness Education - to stimulate youth (K-12) and public interest and participation in the P&RS&SI sciences, technologies and
applications and, to help address the global need for trained and educated practitioners.
- Distance Learning (E-Learning) - to promote and facilitate development and open dissemination of distance learning modules in the ISPRS sciences,
technologies and disciplines, especially to developing countries.
- Fellowships - to support professional development in the P&RS&SI sciences and technologies.
- International Workshops - to provide funding for supporting the education, training and technical program aspects of international scientific
workshops sponsored by the ISPRS, including events cosponsored with the United Nations and other international organizations.
- Internships and Exchange Programs - to foster on-the-job training and education of end users, private companies, governments and
institutions of higher education
- Preservation and Archiving - to provide support to ensure the preservation of the official scientific, technical and
administrative records of the ISPRS.
- Research Initiatives - to provide support for advancing the capabilities and applications of the ISPRS sciences, technologies
and disciplines to the benefit of the international community or a multi-national region.
- Scholarships - to support advanced education for outstanding scholars in the P&RS&SI sciences and technologies.
- Standards - to support international projects devoted to the development and dissemination of standards relevant to the
ISPRS disciplines, sciences and technologies.
- Tools and Literature - to distribute textbooks and technical publications to upgrade developing country libraries; to
provide translations and underwrite subscriptions; and to provide basic tools and equipment.
- Travel Grants - to enable young authors, distinguished speakers, and officially designated Delegates, especially from
developing countries, to participate in ISPRS sponsored events and in forums promoting international cooperation, advancements
and benefits of the P&RS&SI sciences. You will find the online application form here.