Internationale Gesellschaft für Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung
Société Internationale de Photogrammétrie et de Télédétection
International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
The ISPRS Geospatial Week 2017 (ISPRS GSW 2017, http://gsw2017.3snews.net) will be held in Wuhan, China, from September 18th - 22nd, 2017. This third ISPRS Geospatial Week will be organized by Wuhan University and is the most important ISPRS event in the year 2017. With the intensive preparation of Local Organization Committee at Wuhan University and the scientific steering committee of GSW2017, 10 different workshops will take place in GSW 2017. The topics of the 10 workshops cover geospatial information acquisition, extraction from point clouds, optical/SAR imagery, and ubiquitous sensors, smart city and global changes, geospatial information mining and quality control, indoor 3D mapping and navigation, and UAV/UAS innovation applications. The details of the 10 workshops are listed as follows (see GSW website under programme/workshops for details):
- GIS-SmartCity 2017: 2017 International Geospatial Information Workshop on Smart City
- WebMGS2017: The 5th International Workshop on Web Mapping, Geoprocessing and Services
- ISSDQ 2017: The 10th International Symposium on Spatial Data Quality
- Indoor 3D 2017: ISPRS Workshop on Indoor 3D 2017
- SARCon 2017: The 2017 ISPRS International Workshop on Advances in SAR: Constellations, Signal processing, and Applications
- LS2017: ISPRS Workshop on Laser Scanning 2017
- IWIDF2017: The 2017 International Workshop on Image and Data Fusion
- PhotoGA 2017: ISPRS Workshop on Photogrammetric 3D Reconstruction for Geo-Applications 2017
- ICSDM2017: The Third International Conference on Spatial Data Mining and Geographical Knowledge Services
- CHGCS 2017: The 2017 ISPRS Workshop on Cryosphere and Hydrosphere for Global Change Studies
Submission dates for abstracts and full papers for the individual workshops vary between February 28 and March 31, 2017. Details are available at the GSW website http://gsw2017.3snews.net under "Important Dates".
All interested scientists and practitioners are invited to submit their contributions to GSW 2017 and contribute to making the meeting a success. We are looking forward to seeing you in Wuhan in September.
Huayi Wu, Bisheng Yang
ISPRS Council agrees and fully support the following statement of ICSU:
International Council for Science (ICSU) calls on the government of the United States to rescind the Executive Order “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States”
ISPRS is proud to announce a new ISPRS award:
The Jack Dangermond Award for the most outstanding paper in the
ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information
The ISPRS Foundation Travel Grants to participate in
ISPRS Hannover Workshop
Hannover, Germany, June 06 - 09, 2017
The application form and some more information you will find on The ISPRS Foundation website.
Deadline for financial assistance applications: March 20, 2017.