Call for Proposals
ISPRS Educational and Capacity Building Initiatives 2020
In accordance with the statutory mission and activities of ISPRS, the Society shall provide funds to support educational and capacity building initiatives, which will further improve its international status in education and training in the field of the photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information sciences, and will therefore benefit all ISPRS members. For 2020, the ISPRS Council is making up to SFr. 70,000 available to support winning projects under the educational and capacity building initiatives. The maximum funding assigned to any one project shall be SFr. 10,000 per annum. Projects should commence on January 1, 2020 and typically last up to 12 months. In exceptional cases, applications for projects lasting up to 24 months will be considered. Projects of greater than one-year duration will be subject to annual review before subsequent funding will be released.
ISPRS Working Group Officers are invited to submit applications to their respective Technical Commission President by the deadline below, using the template provided (download the template here as MS-Word / PDF). The submission must be compiled in one PDF document. Further details, including information on the topics and the application process, are available in Appendix 9 of the Orange Book at:
All applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Overall Benefits to ISPRS and its Community
- Merit of the Proposal
- Competence of the Team
- Contribution to Education and Capacity Building
- Budget and Feasibility
Any queries should be addressed to the ISPRS Treasurer, Songnian Li, at email@example.com.
- Announcement of Scientific Initiatives: June 15, 2019.
- Deadline for submission of proposals from WG Officers to TCPs: November 1, 2019.
- Deadline for submission of recommendation from TCPs to ISPRS Treasurer: November 22, 2019.
- Announcement of successful awards by Council: December 15, 2019.
- Funding available from: January 1, 2020.