Member organizations willing to host a Congress of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing should consider the following
items which are looked upon as prerequisite for a successful Congress operation:
- The Member organization should designate an individual to serve as Congress Director who will have final responsibility for all aspects of
the Congress operation. The Congress Director will establish a Congress committee which will organize the technical program, all financial
aspects, the secretarial work, the scientific exhibit, the technical tours, the social events, the program for family members, and attend
to special tasks such as press relations, travel bureau relations, etc.
- The Member organization will have complete financial responsibility for all aspects of the Congress organization. The Society does not
provide any funds for this purpose. Although budgeting arrangements will differ from one member to another, it has been customary that
one-third of the Congress expenses is met by registration fees for individual participants, one-third by the fees paid by commercial
exhibitors, and one-third by government subsidies with a total budget of about 3.5 million Swiss Francs.
- The Member organisation will be expected to attract funds from sponsoring organisations to support the attendance at the Congress of a
significant number of participants from developing countries.
- In order to accommodate the Congress, the following physical facilities are required:
- Hotel accommodation and restaurant facilities for approximately 2,000 persons with access to the meeting facility by public transport.
- One large meeting room for the opening ceremonies and plenary sessions to accommodate approximately 2,000 persons with simultaneous
interpretation in the official languages of the Society.
- At least two meeting rooms for technical sessions with a capacity of approximately 500 persons in each room, and with simultaneous
interpretation capability for the official languages of the Society.
- One room with capacity of 200 to 300 and simultaneous interpretation for the General Assembly. This room may also be used for
technical commissions provided there is no time conflict.
- Several smaller meeting rooms without simultaneous interpretation for other technical commission meetings.
- A small office for each of the five Technical Commission presidents and secretaries.
- Small meeting rooms or offices to conduct the business of the Council of ISPRS. Typing, copying and clerical service for the
President and Secretary General.
- An exhibit hall to accommodate a net commercial exhibit of about 3000 m².
- Exhibit space of about 1000 m² to accommodate scientific exhibits and poster sessions. A poster size space should be provided
without charge for each national and scientific exhibit.