The role of IPAC is to advise Council on issues relevant to Society interaction with intergovernmental organizations, especially those
that relate to ISPRS collaborative activities with various elements of the United Nations, the International Council of Science (ICSU),
the Committee on Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS), the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites (CEOS), and other similar
IPAC Terms of Reference
- Identify, coordinate and prioritize issues on which ISPRS should have a public policy.
- Provide the ISPRS Council with early warning of relevant international policy issues and
recommend spokespersons on these issues.
- Flag legal issues, problems and scenarios which may arise in the context of
ISPRS activities in the context to international policy issues.
- Provide advice for and with the ISPRS Council on policy towards international
organizations in which ISPRS is represented.
- Collaborate with the ISPRS Council to provide policy advice when requested
by international bodies.
- Provide advice to, and coordinate inputs of, ISPRS Commissions and Working
Groups on international policy issues.
- Ensure any advocacy stances are fair and in the best interests of all segments
of the ISPRS membership.
The IPAC Chair is appointed by Council, with Members selected by the Chair with ratification by Council. Members are selected based
on their knowledge of international and national policy and legislative activities related to the mission and objectives of the Society.
IPAC Members and activity shall be periodically reviewed by Council and adjusted in collaboration with the Chair. To ensure proper
representation, the IPAC Chair will strive to maintain active participation representing both public, private and academic sector
perspectives as well as global/regional perspectives on policy issues relevant to the Society. The following experts are
currently members of the IPAC:
|Schreier, Gunter (IPAC chair)||DLR||email||Germany|
|Bjorgo, Einar||UNITAR-UNOSAT, UN||email||Switzerland|
|Blaschke, Thomas||University of Salzburg||email||Austria|
|Cho, George||University Canberra||email||Australia|
|Kufoniyi, Jide||Obafemi Awolowo University||email||Nigeria|
|Maranesi, Marcello||Ex-CEO, eGEOS||email||Italy|
|Marchisio, Giovanni||Planet, San Francisco||email||USA, Italy|
|Mostert, Sias||Space Advisory Company||email||South Africa|
|Nonguierma, Andre||UN Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa||email||Ethiopia|
|Polidori, Laurent||CESBIO, Toulouse||email||France|
|Rast, Michael||ESA ESRIN||email||Italy|
|Ryan, Barbara||former GEO Secretariat Director||email||Switzerland|
|Tronchetti, Fabio||Beihang University and University of Mississippi||email||USA|
|Von der Dunk, Frans||University of Nebraska-Lincoln||email||USA|