Seeking Associate Editors for the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information
10 years after the appearance of its first volume, the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, the open access journal on geospatial sciences of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) published by MDPI introduces a new publishing process and is seeking a total of 11 Associate Editors. Under the guidance of the Editor-in-Chief, Wolfgang Kainz from the University of Vienna, each Associate Editor will be responsible for one of the following areas:
- Spatial data modeling (3D and multi-dimensional modeling, data structures and algorithms, uncertainty modeling, ontologies…)
- Spatial data management (spatial databases, cloud data management, blockchain…)
- Spatial analysis and decision making (geocomputation, geosimulation, spatial statistics…)
- Geospatial Artificial intelligence (machine learning, deep learning, big data, data mining, cognition…)
- Cartography (geovisualization, visual analytics, augmented and virtual reality, digital globes…)
- Spatial data infrastructures (data integration, standards, metadata, policies…)
- Geospatial Web (semantic web, Internet of Things, sensor networks, web services, cloud computing, interoperability…)
- Citizen science, crowd sourcing and volunteered geographic information (open data, social media…)
- Location based services and trajectory analysis (mobility, real-time GIS, indoor/outdoor modeling and mapping…)
- Urban informatics, smart cities and communities (urban digital twins, BIM/CIM/AEC…)
- Advanced geospatial applications (climate change, ecology, SDGs, disaster management, One Health, mobility…)
Published by MDPI, the aim of the journal is to be a channel of communication for scientists and professionals in all countries working in the science and technology of geographic information. A list of topic areas can be found at https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/about. It is one of the top ranked geo-information journals with an impact factor of 2.239 and a 5-year impact factor of 2.402.
- Manage the editorial process for papers submitted to the Journal in the respective areas under the leadership of the Editor-in-Chief.
- Ensure high quality scientific content for the Journal, taking into account the Aims and Scope and the MDPI editorial policies.
- Work closely with the Guest Editors of special issues in the respective area who will report to the successful candidate.
- Work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and the Publisher on matters of the Journal's strategic directions and manuscript decisions (general philosophy, editorial speed, ethics and difficult cases).
Experience and required qualities:
- The successful candidates should have a demonstrated record of accomplishment of publishing high-quality papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- The successful candidates should have some editorial experience.
- This position demands an amount of time, so the successful candidates should not only possess strong time management skills, but should also have the capacity to devote the necessary time to the job.
- Strong written English communication skills.
Candidates with demonstrated commitment to the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (as author, reviewer, Guest Editor, or Editorial Board Members) are highly encouraged to apply. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter including a statement of motivation and previous experience, their vision for the journal, together with a CV to Lena Halounová, ISPRS Secretary General, by April 30, 2021 (firstname.lastname@example.org).