Position Available: The ISPRS Foundation (TIF) Operations Officer
The ISPRS Foundation (TIF) Board of Trustees is seeking expressions of interest for the Operations Officer position to replace John Trinder, whose term on the Board of Trustees has expired. Please consider applying for this position if you have enthusiasm for following:
- Do you want to play a leading role in ISPRS’s philanthropic activities?
- Would you like to assist young budding scientists to progress their career in the geospatial sciences?
- Do you want to continue to use your communication skills and establish broader contacts around the world?
- If you are near or at retirement, do you still have energy and enthusiasm to assist young people to pursue their careers in the photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information sciences?
- The responsibilities of the Operations Officer are not arduous but require prompt actions. They include: advising the ISPRS webmaster of the upcoming availability of travel grants to attend ISPRS events; liaising with the Chair of TIF’s Grants Evaluation Committee regarding the timetables for awarding grants; notifying grant applicants of the decisions of the Grants Evaluation Committee; attending to correspondence and questions from successful grant recipients; receiving reports on the experiences of grant recipients at the event; provision of content for the ISPRS newsletter e-Bulletin; and attending to Executive Committee meetings held approximately twice annually.
If you can answer in the affirmative to these questions, then there is a role for you as TIF’s Operations Officer. Please contact Dr Stewart Walker, The ISPRS Foundation Chair, at email@example.com to pursue a role as Operations Officer in TIF.
Even if you’re not interested yourself in this position, maybe you know someone who would be a great fit. If so, please let Stewart Walker know.