ISPRS seeks Social Media Manager
The International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS: www.isprs.org) is a non-governmental organization devoted to the development of international cooperation for the advancement of the photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information sciences and their applications. Its activities include managing events of various sizes such as conferences, symposia, and workshops, publishing journals, and encouraging research in the geospatial sciences. As a result, its success hinges on communicating effectively with a community of students as well as post-docs, early-career researchers, and established professionals in academia, government and the private sector, who are heavy users of information technology and use social media continually.
Currently ISPRS subscribes to Hootsuite capabilities to cast content to important social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, WeChat and X. The Social Media Manager will be expected to continue with this methodology, but suggestions for new directions will be welcome. ISPRS has also made use of the Canva design freeware. The Social Media Manager will report to ISPRS Council (https://www.isprs.org/structure/council.aspx) and will work with all elements of ISPRS leadership, including its committees, Student Consortium, webmaster and The ISPRS Foundation, to ensure the most effective social media presence. Exposure on social media will be expected to promote ISPRS activities and events as well as its research and publications. This should be done not only to encourage the community to be responsive and involved, but also to reach new audiences so as to grow the profile of ISPRS.
The duties of the Social Media Manager will include:
- Collaborate with ISPRS leaders to develop and realize social media goals
- Develop and maintain a plan to realize the goals
- Collect and share content on a regular basis (at least weekly)
- Monitor social media metrics
- Communicate with followers if practicable
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience with social media platforms and management software
- Familiarity with Canva design tool or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Background knowledge in photogrammetry, remote sensing and/or spatial information science
- Ability to edit submitted content for social media dissemination
The position is part-time and carries a stipend, which is negotiable depending on the hours worked.
Interested persons are encouraged to submit brief application letters, together with short CVs, to the ISPRS Treasurer, Stewart Walker, email@example.com. The goal is to fill the position as early as possible. The deadline for applications is 31 October 2023.