Image Data Acquisition - Sensors and Platforms
Terms of Reference
- Design and realization of digital aerial and spaceborne missions for Earth observation
- Design, construction, characterization, and installation of imaging and non-imaging sensors (including Optical, IR, SAR, IFSAR, LIDAR, etc.)
- Standardization of definitions and measurements of sensor parameters
- Integration of imaging and non-imaging sensors with other relevant systems
- Geometric and radiometric properties, quality standards, and factors affecting data quality
- Test, calibration and evaluation of sensors (including laboratory, in-flight, inter-calibration and test fields)
- Integrated platform guidance, navigation, positioning and orientation
- Data reception and pre-processing
- On-board preprocessing of data and autonomous systems
- Systems and media for recording sensor data, auxiliary data (time, position, attitude, etc.) and film scanners
- Image and non-image data transfer standards
WORKING GROUPS of ISPRS COMMISSION I
INTERCOMMISSION WGs of ISPRS COMMISSION I
ICWG I/V - Autonomous Vehicle Navigation
ICWG I/V Terms of Reference
- Design and development of autonomous vehicle navigation technologies including: GPS, INS, dead reckoning, active and passive image/signal based positioning and navigation.
- Development and integration of vehicle navigation sensors and sensor networks.
- Research and development of algorithms that support autonomous navigation.
- Development and applications of robot navigation systems, driver assistance systems for land vehicles, and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).
- Demonstration of state of the art autonomous navigation systems in working environments.
WG I/1 - Standards, Calibration and Validation
Veljko M. Jovanovic
WG I/1 Terms of Reference
- Techniques for laboratory calibration of sensors.
- In-flight radiometric and geometric calibration and validation of sensor systems.
- Establishment and utilization of existing and planned Cal/Val test sites.
- Sensor system parameter standards in relation with appropriate ISO Technical Commissions and projects.
- Managing the Joint ISPRS/CEOS Task Force on Calibration and Validation.
- Integrated activities between Cal/Val experts and data users.
- Overview of sensor-specific at-surface optical properties and temperature products.
- Collaboration with WG VII/1 on Cal/Val issues linked with definitions and measurements of Spectral Signatures
WG I/2 - SAR and LiDAR Systems
WG I/2 Terms of Reference
- Calibration and validation, specifications and formats of SAR and LiDAR data.
- Evaluation and assessment of systems for processing SAR and LiDAR data.
- Systems for generation and editing of DEMs from InSAR and LiDAR.
- Multi-frequency SAR, polarimetric InSAR, multi-pulse and full waveform LiDAR, array sensor systems.
- Systems for integration of InSAR, LIDAR and optical systems.
- Data quality and performance validation of SAR and LiDAR systems.
- Liaison with external groups such as CEOS, IEEE-GRSS, ASPRS LiDAR Committee and EuroSDR
WG I/3 - Multi-Platform Sensing and Sensor Networks
Steve H.L. Liang
WG I/3 Terms of Reference
- Study of capabilities of multi-platform sensing and sensor networks.
- Theory, technology and application in support of integrated multi-platform sensing and sensor networks and sensor web.
- Integration of imaging and non imaging sensors for sensor networks.
- Interoperable communication and networking of in-situ and remote sensors.
- Sensor data and parameters transfer standards, through participation in ISO TC 172 and OGC.
WG I/4 - Airborne Digital Photogrammetric Sensor Systems
WG I/4 Terms of Reference
- Collaborate with EuroSDR in the development of commonly accepted procedures for the calibration and testing of airborne digital photogrammetric sensor systems.
- Radiometric/geometric evaluation and cost/benefit performance of photogrammetric products resulting from airborne digital sensor systems.
- Develop workflow guidelines for suitable deployment and application of airborne digital photogrammetric sensor systems and their integration with other imaging and non-imaging sensors.
- Liase with IC WG I/V on the development and evaluation of light payload digital photogrammetric sensor systems specific to unpiloted aerial vehicles (UAVs).
- Compile a comprehensive on-line searchable database of airborne digital photogrammetric sensor systems.
WG I/5 - Geometric Modelling of Optical Spaceborne Sensors and DEM Generation
WG I/5 Terms of Reference
- Comparison of existing and evolving algorithms for geometrical modelling of space images under operational conditions including direct georeferencing capabilities and special conditions for 2- and 3- line sensors.
- Extrapolation of the previous comparisons (outside the area of the control points), analysis and report for each space imaging system.
- Intensified and detailed study on the accuracy and cost effectiveness of various DEM data acquisition techniques.
- Identification and cataloguing of international test sites for inter-comparison and evaluation of different DEM acquisition methods based on space information.
- Geometric quality requirements for advanced optical systems derived DEM.
WG I/6 - Small Satellites
Arthur P. Cracknell
WG I/6 Terms of Reference
- User requirements for designing and realizing small satellite missions, including constellations, for Earth observation.
- Inventory of small satellite missions for Earth observation and system performances.
- Assessment of the benefits of small satellites compared to other sources of information.
- Implementation of a forum for industrial and developing countries to share their results, experiences and recommendations.
- Cooperation with WG VI/3 for technology transfer to developing countries.
WG I/7 - Intelligent Earth Sensing
WG I/7 Terms of Reference
- Intelligent and autonomous sensor and platform control
- On-board data processing
- Event-driven sensing and observing
- Intelligent/smart sensors
- Intelligent technology application for Earth observing
- Future trends in the development of sensors and platform